Fit Matters May 17 2015, 0 Comments
Fit is important for proper functioning of Wind-Blox.
First, attach the blox
- Open the velcro attachment
- Place Blox on the strap that will be in front of your ear
- Close the velcro so that the flap will face backwards
Second, check your helmet straps:
- The side straps should form a Y just below your earlobe
- The chin strap should be snug against the chin so that when you open your mouth very wide you feel the helmet pull down a little bit
With the helmet in position on your head, adjust the length of the rear straps, then the length of the front straps, to locate the Y fitting where the straps come together just under your ear
Third, adjust your Blox:
- Check your Blox to make sure that they rest against your cheek
- Slide your Blox along the strap so that the length of the Blox is aligned to your ear
Last, compare your fit with this picture:
another great resource is this step-by-step featuring Giro helmets
Bike and Scooter Fun Night August 19 2014, 0 Comments
Our community is having a bike and scooter fun night and we're getting it set. We've not done one of these before and our main goals are to keep it fun and simple. After reading all the pinterest-pretty suggestions and the intricate ideas, here's what we're doing instead:
It will be a fun night (as compared to a safety skills training)
There will be a special parking area and helmet table
Helmets will be judged for fit, decorations available for those who would like to get fancy and prizes awarded
A large parking lot will be divided into thirds
Slow course (bikes only)
During the timed slow course riders must follow a chalk line that is sometimes a bit curvy. They may not put their feet down or the timer stops. Each rider will be given their time at the end.
Riders go around obstacles trying for accuracy and speed. Any touch of an obstacle causes a rider to re-start
Separate heats will be available for bikes and scooters. This will be timed, or may end up as a race against a good-humored adult.
At the end of the evening, a bike wash (also known as a sprinkler you can ride under) will be available to enjoy!